Contribute

1986 marked the 150th anniversary of the colonisation of South Australia. To commemorate the sesquicentenary, the Jubilee 150 Board decided to honour a selection of people who had made a significant contribution to the community or gained national and international recognition for their work. It created a Jubilee 150 Walk of 150 bronze plaques set in the footpath of North Terrace.

Julian Woods was the co-founder of the Sisters of St. Joseph, and a creative priest, educationist and scientist.

Read more about Julian Edmund Tenison Woods here.

J150 Plaque

Julian Edmund Tenison-Woods

1832-1889

Catholic priest, scientist, educationist,

co-founder Sisters of St Joseph

Sponsor: Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide

By History SA

Add media
Images
Image: Julian Edmund Tenison-Woods Plaque
Add story