1. Archbishop's House

    Archbishop’s House, formerly known as Bishop’s Palace, was built in 1845 as the residence for the Roman Catholic Bishop of Adelaide, Francis Murphy. 

    Historical Place | By Vedrana Budimir, History SA | Southwest corner, West Terrace | early twentieth century, late nineteenth century, mid nineteenth century

  2. Australian Imperial Forces (AIF) Cemetery

    Exclusively for the burial of ex-service personnel, the Australian Imperial Forces (AIF) Cemetery was the first dedicated military cemetery in Australia.

    Historical Place | By Owen Hems | West Terrace | early twentieth century, mid twentieth century

  3. West Terrace Cemetery

    West Terrace Cemetery reflects the early population groups of Adelaide, and is a popular destination for tour groups.

    Historical Place | By Rhiannon Agutter, History SA | West Terrace | early twentieth century, early twenty–first century, late nineteenth century, late twentieth century, mid nineteenth century, mid twentieth century

  4. Wirrarninthi/Park 23

    Wirrarninthi/Park 23 is the site of a Kaurna food and medicine trail, a playground for children and sporting facilities

    Historical Place | By Tennille Anderson, Linnell Hopkins, April Mears and Caitlin Videon, Australian Environmental History Course, Flinders University of South Australia and Jude Elton, History SA | Parklands, Southwest corner, West Terrace | early twentieth century, early twenty–first century, late nineteenth century, late twentieth century, mid nineteenth century, mid twentieth century