1. 181 Sturt Street

    181 Sturt Street was the home of Mahomet Allum, an Afghani herbalist and healer. It was later the office for Romani International Australia and the Australian Romani School of Gypsy Culture and Language. 

    Historical Place | By Vedrana Budimir, History Trust of South Australia | Southwest corner | 1880s, early twentieth century, late nineteenth century, late twentieth century, mid twentieth century

  2. Archbishop's House

    Archbishop’s House, formerly known as Bishop’s Palace, was built in 1845 as the residence for the Roman Catholic Bishop of Adelaide, Francis Murphy. 

    Historical Place | By Vedrana Budimir, History Trust of South Australia | Southwest corner, West Terrace | early twentieth century, late nineteenth century, mid nineteenth century

  3. Church of Archangels Michael and Gabriel

    The Church of Archangels Michael and Gabriel stands on the site of Adelaide's oldest Greek Orthodox Church and remains an important centre for Greek cultural and community life in the city. 

    Historical Place | By Vedrana Budimir, History Trust of South Australia | Southwest corner | early twentieth century, late twentieth century, mid twentieth century

  4. Saint Mary's Dominican Convent and School

    Saint Mary's Convent and School is one of several historically significant Catholic church buildings and religious community residences based on Franklin Street and West Terrace. 

    Historical Place | By Vedrana Budimir, History Trust of South Australia | Southwest corner | early twentieth century, late nineteenth century, late twentieth century, mid nineteenth century, mid twentieth century

  5. Saint Patrick's Church

    Saint Patrick's Church on Grote Street is one of several historically significant Catholic church buildings in the southwest corner of the Adelaide CBD. The original building was the first Catholic church in Adelaide. 

    Historical Place | By Vedrana Budimir, History Trust of South Australia | Southwest corner | early twentieth century, early twenty–first century, late nineteenth century, late twentieth century, mid nineteenth century, mid twentieth century

  6. Sturt Street School

    Sturt Street Primary School, built in 1883, was the local primary school for families living in the South West of the Adelaide CBD. 

    Historical Place | By Vedrana Budimir, History Trust of South Australia | Southwest corner | early twentieth century, early twenty–first century, late nineteenth century, late twentieth century, mid twentieth century

  7. Whitmore Square

    Vibrant Whitmore Square continues to serve its diverse community in the southwest corner of Adelaide

    Historical Place | By Amber Clark, Kara-Lee Ramm and Simone McInnes, Australian Environmental History Course, Flinders University of South Australia and Jude Elton, History SA | Southwest corner | early nineteenth century, early twentieth century, early twenty–first century, late nineteenth century, late twentieth century, mid nineteenth century, mid twentieth century, Second World War

  8. Wirrarninthi/Park 23

    Wirrarninthi/Park 23 is the site of a Kaurna food and medicine trail, a playground for children and sporting facilities

    Historical Place | By Tennille Anderson, Linnell Hopkins, April Mears and Caitlin Videon, Australian Environmental History Course, Flinders University of South Australia and Jude Elton, History SA | Parklands, Southwest corner, West Terrace | early twentieth century, early twenty–first century, late nineteenth century, late twentieth century, mid nineteenth century, mid twentieth century